How Much Does it Cost to Get an EIN Number?

How much does it cost to get an EIN?

If you are wondering how much it costs to get an EIN number, you are on the right page…

Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a number issued by the IRS to identify a business.

The good news is that if you have a Social Security Number (SSN) that it’s absolutely free to get your EIN online on IRS’s website.

Again, if you have a Social Security Number, you can apply for an EIN yourself. The IRS does not charge any filing fee for you to obtain an EIN if you have a Social Security Number.

To apply for an EIN, all you need to do is fill out the online EIN application on IRS’s website here:

However, if you do not have a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), you cannot obtain an EIN online.

The process of getting EIN if you do not have an SSN or ITIN is more complicated and requires a paper form application to be correctly filled out and processed with the IRS…


How Much Does it Cost to Get an EIN If You Do Not Have a Social Security Number (SSN)?

Some people think that because they do not have a Social Security Number that they cannot obtain an EIN.

This is not true. 

If you do not have a Social Security number, you can still get an EIN.

Be very careful when doing so, however, as there are potential drawbacks to dealing with the IRS on your own.

If the application is not prepared correctly or is transmitted illegibly, the IRS may fax you a letter of rejection. This letter of rejection can sometimes take weeks to receive; once it is received, you are welcome to reapply for the EIN, but you will have to start the process from the beginning.

When you have a business lawyer act as your Third Party Designee to apply for your EIN on your behalf, we will make sure your EIN application is prepared and filed correctly in order to ensure you receive your EIN number in a timely manner.

If there are any problems, we will call the IRS to resolve the issue, thus saving you time and energy so you can concentrate on your new company. 


► To get your EIN as a non-U.S. citizen or non-U.S. resident without a Social Security Number (SSN), contact me, Sam Mollaei, Esq., business lawyer, at [email protected] and I will help you get your EIN


(Visited 15 times, 2 visits today)