How to Start Your Accounting Professional Corporation in California (2020)

Accountant Professional Corporation

If you’re a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in California, you SHOULD form a Professional Accountancy Corporation taxed as an S-Corporation.

If you’re an accountant, you’re prohibited from forming an LLC or a traditional corporation for your practice and instead must register as a Professional Corporation.

If done incorrectly, your Professional Corporation can be rejected by the Secretary of State, leaving you vulnerable to potential lawsuits and fines from various government agencies, and even the California Board of Accountancy.

As a Business Lawyer for Professionals, I’m assisted hundreds of professionals just like you start their Professional Corporation and I can definitely help you start yours.

If you’re an accountant looking to start your Professional Corporation, email me Ariel Mossazadeh Esq. at or talk to me directly at 424-256-6686

What Is A Professional Accountancy Corporation?

A Professional Accountancy Corporation is a professional corporation which is registered with the California Board of Accountancy (CBA), to provide accounting services.

An accountancy corporation wishing to practice accountancy in California is required to be approved for license by the California Board of Accountancy (CBA) before practicing or holding out to the public as an accountancy corporation.