3 Steps to Starting Your Dentistry Professional Corporation in 2021 (UPDATED)

If you’re a dentist in California, you SHOULD form a professional dental corporation taxed as an S-Corporation.

California law prohibits dentists from forming LLCs or traditional stock corporations for their dental practices. Instead, dentists must register as a Professional Corporation.

If done incorrectly, your Professional Corporation can be rejected by the Secretary of State, leaving you vulnerable to potential lawsuits and fines from various government agencies. It may even lead to disciplinary actions from the Dental Board of California.

As a Business Lawyer for Dentists, we’ve assisted hundreds of dentists just like you start their Dentistry Professional Corporation and we can definitely help you start yours.

If you’re a dentist and you’re looking to start a Professional Corporation, book a call here or email sam@mollaeilaw.com or talk to us directly at 818-925-0002


Professional Corporations for Dentists

If you’re a dentist in California, you must form a Professional Corporation, as designated by the California Secretary of State, to practice your profession as a dentist or to open your dental practice.

Learn more about Professional Corporation here.