3 Steps to Starting Your Speech Language Pathology Corporation (2020)

Speech Language Pathologist Corporation

If you’re a speech language pathologist in California, you SHOULD form a Professional Corporation taxed as an S-Corporation.

California law prohibits speech language pathologist from forming LLCs or a traditional corporations for their speech language pathology practice. Instead, speech language pathologists who are trying to start their own speech therapy practice must register as a Professional Corporation.

If done incorrectly, your Professional Corporation can be rejected by the Secretary of State, leaving you vulnerable to potential lawsuits and fines from various government agencies, and even the California Speech-Language Pathology Board of California.

As a Business Lawyer for Professionals, I’ve assisted hundreds of speech-language pathology professionals just like you start their Professional Corporation and I can definitely help you start yours.

If you’re a speech language pathologist looking to start your Professional Corporation, email me Ariel Moss Esq. at ariel@mollaeilaw.com or talk to me directly at 424-256-6686


What is a Speech Language Pathology Professional Corporation

A professional speech language pathology Corporation is a professional corporation which is registered and hold a certificate with the California Secretary of State and the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board.