If you have explored the idea of setting up a business on Amazon’s platform, you may not know that you will also need to get an Amazon EIN number.
So, what is this number and why is it important?
The following information will give you further details about getting the number and its purposes.
You can get legal assistance for setting up your Amazon business too. I am only an email away.
Email email@example.com today.
Table of Content
What Is an Amazon EIN Number?
An Amazon EIN number is not a number specific to Amazon. You need an EIN or Employer Identification Number to file taxes for your Amazon business, or any other business, for that matter.
Therefore, an EIN, by itself, is the tax identification number you need, as a business, to file your taxes. While a social security number (SSN) identifies you for filing personal tax returns, an EIN is used to identify you when you file a business tax return.
Establishing an Account with Amazon and Getting an Amazon EIN Number
When you establish an account on Amazon for your business, you will need to get an Amazon EIN number right away. Just like a social security number, it contains 9 digits.
Business Entities that Require EINs
According to the IRS website, you need to secure an EIN if you operate, business-wise, as one of the following:
- A sole proprietorship
- A limited liability company
- A corporation
- An S-corporation
- A partnership
- A personal service corporation
If you are not sure how to proceed, contact me by email with your inquiries. I can assist you in all the steps of the process.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
You also need an EIN if you have formed an estate, trust, or established a non-profit organization.
Defining an Amazon EIN or a General EIN
To operate on Amazon as a business, you will need to secure your Amazon EIN through the IRS. If you are not familiar with the process, you will need legal help.
I can quickly help you get your EIN so you can begin your business on Amazon immediately. Again, email email@example.com if you plan to launch an Amazon business or wish to form an LLC, partnership or corporation and need an EIN.
My team and I can handle all the legal details so you can focus on your core business responsibilities.
An EIN, or employer identification number (tax ID number) basically, as noted, identifies a business entity, trust, non-profit, or estate.
Other Reasons for Getting an Amazon EIN Number
If you wish to sell on Amazon, an Amazon EIN number is not only helpful for tax identification, you will also need to use it for opening a business bank account. An EIN is required, as well, for getting a local license or permits.
The Process for Getting an Amazon EIN
At this point, you may wonder what steps you will need to take to get an Amazon EIN number. While the steps are fairly simple to follow, you still need to make sure you do everything right so you don’t have to correct any mistakes.
To ensure that you receive your Amazon EIN number without any difficulties, get legal support.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime, 24/7.
The Process in Steps
The IRS website lists the following steps for getting an Amazon EIN number:
- Choose the entity type and fill out the questionnaire on the IRS website. As an Amazon-sponsored company, you will usually set yourself up as a sole proprietorship or limited liability company (LLC). To enjoy immunity from lawsuits and receive tax breaks, it is typically best to establish yourself as an LLC when starting out.
- While you can initially set yourself up as a sole proprietorship, a litigant who sues you can go after your personal assets if you don’t establish your business as an LLC, corporation, or S corporation – both which are designed to protect your personal assets from business creditors.
Mollaei Legal Tip: You can get hit hard with a lawsuit if you set yourself up as a general partnership, as each partner in the business is personally liable for all the debts of the partnership, including the obligations of each partner in the business relationship. One partner can act on behalf of another partner or partners without their approval or knowledge.
- After your questionnaire and request for an EIN is submitted to the IRS, agents check for any errors or omissions – more reason to seek help from an attorney.
- IRS representatives email the EIN as an official IRS document once the process is completed. You can also download the EIN document from the IRS website.
Why Using Legal Services to get an Amazon EIN Number is a Smart Move
The IRS warns that the filing process for an EIN may be confusing. Therefore, using an attorney’s services to get your Amazon EIN number is one of the smartest moves you can make.
As your legal representative, I can address any issues that may occur during processing and answer them in a quick and timely manner. This will ensure that the filing is done quickly if not expediently.
FAQs – Getting an Amazon EIN Number
People often have specific questions to ask when applying for an Amazon EIN number. Below are some of the most frequent inquiries.
What is the difference between a Federal Tax ID and EIN?
Actually, an EIN is a Federal TaX ID. However, in this case, the EIN is used to identify a business entity.
I already have an EIN but cannot remember the number. What should I do?
If you already have an EIN but cannot remember the number, I can help you retrieve the number from the IRS and get an official confirmation letter from the agency.
To get the support you need, email email@example.com now.
How fast will I get my EIN?
If you are a U.S. citizen you can get your EIN in a day.
When should I apply for a new EIN?
If you happen to buy an existing business, you may need to apply for an EIN. However, this may not be necessary. Each case is different. That is why you need to work with an attorney.
If you already have an EIN but need to change your business name and address, you only need to notify the IRS about the name and address change.
When is an EIN required in business?
You should always have an EIN when:
- You are set up as a sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership, or LLC.
- You have employees who work with you.
- You have to withhold employee taxes from paid wages paid to non-resident aliens.
- You file tax forms, such as sales, employment, excise, or Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms documents and schedules with the IRS.
- Your company features a tax-deferred pension program.
What To Do Next
Does the above information still confuse you a little? I know. It is a lot to take in and understand. Make things simpler on yourself by contacting a competent business attorney.
Start Your Online Business Today
Join 4,680+ Entrepreneurs Who Have Successfully Started Their Online Business So You Can Work Anywhere In The World And Be Your Own Boss