How to Get EIN Without SSN in 2019 (Step-by-Step Guide)

Are you a non-U.S. citizen without a Social Security Number (SSN)?

Do you need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) without SSN?

If you’re looking to start a business in United States and open a U.S. bank account, you’re  required to get an Employer Identification Number (EIN) .

In recent years the IRS has made it increasingly hard for foreign individuals without an SSN to get an EIN.

Good news!

I’ve successfully assisted hundreds of non-US citizens get their EIN, and I can definitely help you get yours.

If you need an EIN but do NOT have a Social Security Number (SSN), email at and I can help you get your EIN.


What is Employer Identification Number (EIN)?

The IRS uses EINs for a number of business needs including: starting a business, opening up a U.S. bank account, hiring employees, and complying with the IRS, among other uses.

An EIN is required to open a bank account in United States even if a foreign company is not physically located in United States.


How to Get EIN Number Without SSN or ITIN?

If you do not have a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) but need to apply for an EIN, you need to take the following steps:

  1. Get a business lawyer to act as the Third-Party Designee for you
  2. The business lawyer will prepare an Application for Employer Identification Number on your behalf
  3. The business lawyer will process your EIN application the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and receive your EIN on your behalf.

To guarantee completion of the EIN application process, it is highly recommended to have a business lawyer act as your Third-Party Designee to apply for an EIN on your behalf.



If you need an EIN but do not have an SSN or ITIN, email me at